MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to send mass email based on Custom fields?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there is a way to send mass email to ymy memberrs based on a custom required field?
I have a dance studio with multiple forms of dance and if I wanted to send out a newsletter to those only in tango classes how would I go about that?
Hi
I cannot see a simple way to do that based on custom profile fields. But I guess you could use usergroups, as the mass mail option page lets you choose t osend mail to every member of a group (provided said user has this group as his primary group). This would cause problem if your users can follow multiple classes

Any other idea, guys ?
deufrai, you have a good idea there, but the only thing is it restricts each person to one class. Which might not be a problem, but that's the only bummer about this method.

Another solution, if you didn't want to make new groups. You could make a plugin I guess what would enable you to use the custom profile fields on the mass email page. Not to sure how complicated this would be though.
me neither, Christian
I just got my hands on MyBB.
Started with a couple translations, and of course started to look at the way plugs work. But it's still a long road for me.

@ sniperlilth
If your members only follow one class, you can have a go with groups, if you're not affraid by the work it will be for you. Good luck
I need this feature as well, but the groups solution won't work for me. I'm sooooo close to having everything the way I want it, so any helpful hints in this direction would be great!
hi friends,
i just started a forum. i want to send registration links to some users, on registereing they will be autometically joining a group , like every user on registering , willl be joined to a registered member group . can any one help me out to find out a way that not all users , if som e set of users on registering to the forum will be joining to a special group.
i am planning that creating a a custom profile field on choosing that field when the user registers he joins particualr group.or we have to create a new registration forum for these users and sending this new registratio form link to them. and on registering they will be joining a speical user group. and normal users have their default Registration form .
any solutions please help me
That has been requested many times and so far noone has managed to create a plugin, so far you will have t do it manually yourself through the ACP Big Grin.