MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Footer problem [ HELP NEEDED ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm totaly not a noob on webdesign, but i'm stuck here...
I changed my footer links added some new links yesterday and i decided to add a new one and wanted to remove the one that i wanted to replace it with..
So i added the codes for the links with the proper name and php page, which is all in place in the root.

The code is nothing wrong with.
But it just won't add the link newpoints.php in the code below
And it doesn't remove the link couponcodes.php whether i remove it in my template or not.. i save it, look at my forum, and it just stays, it doesn't have anything to do with refreshing the my cache of my browser, I checked from 4 computers.
So the newpoints.php link i wanted to add. And the couponcodes.php link i want to replaced by newpoints.php

Its just weird i can keep saving it, but totaly nothing happens.
anyone has an answer on this?

<br />
			<div class="bottommenu">
				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
				<div>
					<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/awards.php">Awards</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/buy.php">Buy Coins</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/couponcodes.php">Win A Coupon Code!</a> 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/newpoints.php">NewPoints CP</a></span>
				</div>
			</div>
			</div>
		<hr class="hidden" />
			<div id="copyright">
				<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community.
					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact,
					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below,
					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
				<!-- End powered by -->
				<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
		</div>
		</div>
Why do you have [/color] inside template? In this line:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/newpoints.php">NewPoints CP</a>[/color]</span>

If this doesn't work, give site url.
(2013-06-01, 10:24 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you have [/color] inside template? In this line:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/newpoints.php">NewPoints CP</a>[/color]</span>

I know.... just ignore that i wanted to color the links in this forum in the code window... forgot to remove that part

Edit: removed now.

still stuck, i really don't see the problem right now.
It Should be, click save and done.
i changed the footer before. I dont do anything wrong.
Any staff available?

I just added a twitter icon with link to my header and that just saves and works fine , using same method.. Huh

(2013-06-01, 10:24 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you have [/color] inside template? In this line:

If this doesn't work, give site url.

It does not mather if i give a site url, if i give 20 urls or add a 100 and save it it still doesnt change pn the website

edit: I can even remove all content save it , and nothing happens.