MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to revert forum url from Google SEO urls to the usual mybb urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have used Google Seo urls (plugin) and now i want to back to the old mybb urls (.html), how can i do this?
I can't just inactivate the plugin because lots of my forum pages are already indexed in google with the google seo urls.

I want that google seo urls should redirect to the old mybb urls.

Thanks
Hi murtadha_almaliky,
From /inc/plugins/google_seo.html

Uninstalling
If you want to redirect SEO URLs back to MyBB stock URLs, do not uninstall but refer to the Redirection section below.

Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB stock URLs
Google SEO does not force you to keep using its URLs. If you want to go back to stock URLs, you can do so. Basically you have two options to achieve a SEO URL -> Stock URL redirection:

- Empty the SEO URL scheme for a particular URL type
- This is useful if for example you want to go back to stock URLs for user profiles only, but not for forums and threads.
- Revert changes to core files
- This way the Google SEO URL module will be in inactive state.
Do not disable Google SEO URL or Redirect, and do not remove the Rewrite Rules from your .htaccess. All of these components are required to keep old keyword URLs and subsequent redirect working.

Did you try that?