MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please answer :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was looking through the Global.css and I noticed there are two ".menu ul" classes, Why is there two and which one do I edit etc...

Thanks.
im not exactly sure what the second one is for but the first one is for the top links.
if they are both standalone items and not nested in another class or condition (like a media setting) then its a typo/bug and the combination of the two settings (the second being used if there are parameters are shared between them) and then used by the browser.

example
.menu ul {
  margin:10px;
  font:courier;
}

.menu ul {
  margin:5px;
}

will be seen by the browser as
.menu ul {
  margin:5px;
  font:courier;
}
So am I safe to delete one of them from my CSS?
if 1) they are stand-alone and not parts of different classes or conditions and 2) you "merge" the contents of the two into the one you are keeping so you don't loose data.
(2013-06-04, 09:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]if 1) they are stand-alone and not parts of different classes or conditions and 2) you "merge" the contents of the two into the one you are keeping so you don't loose data.

I am sorry to be a pain, But please can you put that in more newb like terms? Smile
^ please give your forum url (make sure that the theme you are referring is the default theme for all)
(2013-06-06, 03:10 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please give your forum url (make sure that the theme you are referring is the default theme for all)

It is a localhost, and yes it is from the default theme that I am editing the global.css