MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index page corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My new forum index page got corrupted.. (inaiyam.com).. additionally I forgot the admin password and tried updating mybb_users with 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6 as 'test' password as suggested in the forums, which didn't work either.  Other than re-installing which I want to avoid to preserve the setup and customisation of options, especially the new language files that I was translating is there any other way out? Is it possible that the new language setup corrupted my installation?
Can you directly access your Admin CP?

Change this setting: Admin CP --> Settings --> Server & Optimization --> GZIP Compression Please set it to "no" to disable the feature.
DennisTT Wrote:Can you directly access your Admin CP?

Change this setting: Admin CP --> Settings --> Server & Optimization --> GZIP Compression Please set it to "no" to disable the feature.

No, I still dot not have my admin password.. is there a correct hash for 'test' password. Also, I tried changing mybb_settings.gzipoutput = 'no' (& gziplevel=0) and that didn't help the index page either..
Additionally, you might have to change the setting in inc/settings.php. As for the password issue, if you delete the contents on the salt field, you should be able to use that password.
DennisTT Wrote:Can you directly access your Admin CP?

Now that I realised you replied about password reset in the other thread.. I got in to the admin control panel and was able to set gzip compression to no and gziplevel to null (instead of 0 earlier) and it worked.. my forum index is back.. thanks for all your help DennisTT