MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.6.9 to 1.6.10, can't start upgrade.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to start the upgrader, I get a white screen, no error.

I can still start the installer with <myforum-domain>/forum/install
but <myforum-domain>/forum/install/upgrade.php leads to a blank screen and no reaction at all. If I start the installer, I am not asked which version I am coming from, it just starts a fresh install from scratch.

upgrade.php has permissions 755.

I tried to replace the install folder and put a fresh copy of ./install in, to no avail.

There is no LOCK file.

./mybb_1610/Documentation/upgrade.html says I should use: <myforum-domain>/forum/install/upgrade.php

http://docs.mybb.com/Upgrading.html says I should use <myforum-domain>/forum/install/

Neither "works", which one is correct anyway?
/forum/install/ should redirect to /forum/install/upgrade.php
Thanks for the answer. Lets ignore the redirect, which doesn't work. I can always use the actual target path.

How can I start /forum/install/upgrade.php ? How can I debug the problem?
If I go to the address where my forum lives (and worked before) <myforum-domain>/forum I get an error saying that my forum is not installed yet. I did not overwrite ./inc/settings.php
can you upload complete files of MyBB 1.6.10 package and try upgrading - it appears that some of the
files are not overwritten correctly. btw, have you taken backup of the database and exported active theme
I did (upload a complete set, the version which has some 870 files). I chose overwrite, my FTP client also offered "Merge", didn't seem sensible, so I went with overwrite.

Shame that there is no way how to debug the actual problem.

This is a newly set up installation, the only reason why I still used had 1.6.9 is that I took the MyBB files I had already locally from another installation from a few weeks back.

Theme is still the default, so not my concern. MySQL DB should be OK, can access it with phpmyadmin (and have a backup)
Here is what I now tried:
- Made sure I have a complete 1.6.10 set of MyBB files uploaded
- Continue with the normal installation process, using exactly all old DB names etc
- Import the backed up MySQL DB into the current one (with phpMyAdmin)
- Found that I now was correctly guided through the MyBB upgrade process from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10. Almost unexpected but it seems to have worked.

I seem to have lost avatar pics of my users, this is not important. But how can I be sure I didn't loose anything else?