MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a clean, default htaccess file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That line "ErrorDocument 404 /404.php" will work against this tipe of error: ""The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

So in htaccess file i should add only this:

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
?

I don't tink that is the issue here. The 404 error appears everywhere. It can apear while browsing in posts, in admin panel, everywhere...
^ are you alone facing the issue - or your members reported such errors ?
a 404 error should appear only if the linked page does not exist.

if you are not using internal SEF URLs then your .htaccess should consist of below rules only

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

and make a 404.php file in the root folder with some useful content
not me alone. me and other users. from time to time, when browsing the forum OR the admin panel, that error appears. it goes away after a refresh or two, but it very annoying.

So i don't know why this error appears,but i can tell u it's not because someone or me misstipes a link...

I put only the DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php code in htaccess file and now it seems it's working. Until now, no error for me or reported by others. I am still waiting to see. Mayb it's fixed? That's wierd, coz i've done that before and didn't fixed. And not it seems no error. Still waiting. Anyway, thanx for your help and patience!
Pages: 1 2