MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good Idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had this forum idea. It would involve helping people with there homework. Members would sign up and get like 5 points, you lose 1 point for posting a question about your homework, you can get points by solving other peoples homework problems! There would be different sections, algebra, geometry, trig, english, spanish, etc! I feel this would attract anyone in school! Can I get some feedback if this is a good idea or not?
I think it would be good if executed correctly.
To answer your question, yes it is a good idea. Do you have a vision "beyond" your idea? Such as, how to make it SUCCESSFUL? Having an idea out there in the form of a site may not be enough. But if you have something in mind beyond this, that is great.
What if the user isn't the most intelligent person in the world, and honestly just wants help with their homework, not to help someone else learn, but learn themselves?

What will the first user answer?

While I'm in no doubt it's a good idea, how much of the logistics how you thought through?

Here's a scenario. Imagine that standing in front of you is an average student. How do you promote your site to him?
(2013-06-08, 09:09 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]What if the user isn't the most intelligent person in the world, and honestly just wants help with their homework, not to help someone else learn, but learn themselves?

What will the first user answer?

While I'm in no doubt it's a good idea, how much of the logistics how you thought through?

Here's a scenario. Imagine that standing in front of you is an average student. How do you promote your site to him?

I'd think if your idea was good enough, it would be easily marketible. But, the average student wouldn't want to spend hours on a forum. He wants answers.
This thread has been deleted by a Moderator ยป Sorry, no homework...

Seriously, I don't think there's a market for it, it'll just be all these lazy kids asking for help
Would only work if the forum was really active and had lots of daily problems to solve.
(2013-06-10, 03:04 PM)McCoist Wrote: [ -> ]Would only work if the forum was really active and had lots of daily problems to solve.

Exactly. Look at cramster (now chegg). It was the most active source for homework help/answers and even it wasn't/isn't the greatest