MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new users are creating their own groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been having a lot of spam users registering and having their own user group names. How are they doing this? I've been looking around and can't figure out how they are able to create their own user groups. Example: SikTaummavekAD and LalFoodiahaleSD. Is there a way I can keep this type of user from registering or delete him once he has registered?

Thank you.
if you have any groups related plugin then uninstall it
No, I do not have any group plug-ins. I have only the event thread and the sign-up sheet and I do not believe they touch the user group. Am I wrong?

Thank you so much for replying.
Hi @dita, I have some suggestions for you to keep spam away from your website board:
  1. Activate the option to put full birth date before user registration!
  2. Activate ReCaptcha for user registration from administration!
  3. Activate the hidden captcha field for spam bot from administration!
  4. Upload and Install the plugin Registration Security Questions!
  5. Upload and Install the plugin Registration Time!
These new features will prevent spam to register into your website board for sure!
Yes, I will try that. Thank you very much.

(2013-06-08, 10:11 AM)dita Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I will try that. Thank you very much.

Where do I find those options in the Admin CP? Which tab do I go to.
They're not usergroups, they're custom user titles. You can disable them per usergroup.
Oh, that makes sense. Thank you. I will go to user groups and see if I can disable them.