MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Miserable User help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I was trying to edit/create myself a 'miserable user' mod~ You know, the 'miserable user' has constant problems accessing the forum. This way you can get the user/troll to leave without having to ban them. If they know they're banned they might just keep trying, but if they think its just server problems then eventually they'll leave

- First, I didn't create the whole code, I was searching around for an example to look at and on the phpbb forums someone had posted the whole code in a thread for phpbb forums. I just copied that and tried to tweak it for mybb

- I don't really know php to save my life. I try but..its just beyond me. So if you're going to explain some coding part to me, baby talk please

Okay, at one point I got it to sorta kinda work. I was trying to get it so that if you're in group ID X (set in admin panel) the miserable script applies to you. And it sort of worked except it affected everyone when it was on. I couldn't figure out how to pull a members group ID.

-So like: you set it admin panel that group ID 5 is miserable
-Now everyone in group id 5 gets errors while everyone else can access the board fine
-If you take a member out of group 5 then miserable script no longer bothers them.
Understand?

So, if anyone can help me get it to work that would be great. I think I just need to figure out how to get a users group id and get the script to apply only to that group id~

I'll attach the code that I have so whoever can look through it. I haven't looked at it in a while so I don't remember where I left off - I think I was trying to figure out how to pull group ID.

And like I said, I don't really know php so the code might be a mess...
Anyone going to try this? I think it'd be a good idea.
Why don't you just change the "global_bannedwarning" template or the language variables into error messages??? It would be much easier than a plugin...