MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to change admin password in mysql?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed admin password as video below but I can't login with that passwordSad. Why?

thanks
Are you doing it correctly? walk us through step by step of what you are doing.
I do exactly as video.
I even try to change user pass(normal user) in MYSQL, then that user can't login with new password and the old password doesn't work any more.
This could be possible with a little help.

This will be a little funny. because you will be asked to register on your forum again.
create an account by registering at your forum. and change in mysql membership code.

entered into phpmyadmin:
select table: mybb_usergroups, see the composition of the user group there.
select table: mybb_users, find your account and change usegroups there be 4 or by arrangement ditable your user group.

1. cpadmin then login and change the password to the administrator account previously.
2. changed after logout from admincp. and remove a new admin account earlier.

hopefully this is finished.

If you change the password directly in phpmyadmin. it will not work because your password is encrypted.

better use of the above.
very complicated. Try this:

Go to php my admin, run the sql query below assuming your table prefix is mybb

UPDATE mybb_users SET salt = '', password = md5('mypassword') WHERE uid = x;

Replace mypassword with the pass you want to give.
waw. lefish amazing.

hahaa .. I can not use it.

example how lefish. ?

UPDATE mybb_users SET salt ='', password = md5 ('mypassword') WHERE uid = x;

which entered username
um, you have to put the uid where it says x. I use this all the time on my test forums when I have forgotten my password Toungue
I have tried it 2 times. um .. even 3 times. but it does not change too paswordnya.

Big Grin

This is not just a change? = Md5 ('mypassword') WHERE uid = x;

eg: md5 ('MyBB') WHERE uid = 1;

lefish not working. if this is true :p

whether there is 'salt' in there I did not see it. if there was it was really salty.

hahaha .. This turned out to work lefish. I entered the wrong data base. I really - really get lost in my own computer. a lot of junk database .. hahahhaa :p