MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prevent only numbers in username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Those are special characters, not alphanumeric...but you do have a point.  If that option was activated, a member would HAVE to put both letters AND numbers in their username. I wouldn't want that, since I actually prefer all letters...but it's still a bug, if that is supposed to be an option, and it isn't!

In either case I have uploaded your plugin, and it works fine! Thank you! Big Grin
You aren't understanding Judel. error_invalidusername already checks to make sure there are no special characters in the name. It doesn't need to be activated...it's a default feature that you can't alter. This isn't a bug.
Aaaahhh, thanks for explaining, Labrocca! I got it now! Big Grin
Judel, alphanumeric means that all characters must be alphabetic or numeric; it does not require the presence of both.
Well, I think that depends on the situation. I have been on numerous sites where alphanumeric meant you HAD to use a combination of numbers and letters! Good that isn't required here though, since I hate using numbers in my usernames and/or passwords! LOL
To avoid any further confusion about this. Alphanumeric.
It doesn't mean you HAVE to use both numbers and letters to have a valid Alphanumeric string.
Pages: 1 2