MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create another level of registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running 1.6.8.

We are trying to add another level of registration for Vendors. The idea is to hold their activation to post in a specific forum while allowing registered users to view and post on a thread.

I've been trying to find a plug in or a way to do this with the promotion side of the forum to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Thanks for that link to the promotions idea.

However, that's not going to work for me because of the Vendor aspect. They will be commercial only and we want the registered users to access and post in threads, but initially, the vendor has to be approved.

The vendors are already registered users who cannot post commercial content on the forums. I made a forum for these types of posts, but I can't figure out a way to restrict posting without restricting everyone.

I've thought of the password restriction; but that would be mute since the regular registered users would also have it and poof! Right back where we began. I've seen vendor sections on other forums just can't figure out how they are doing it. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.
What you're describing you need is what the group permissions will do. That's what they are for. You however need to design your forum permissions correctly to do what you want.

Quote:The vendors are already registered users who cannot post commercial content on the forums.

How do you prevent that? Because my guess is that it's through moderation instead of permissions. The smart thing to do is create separate Vendor forums where only those in the Vendor group have permission to create threads. MyBB allows this.