MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send Mass Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys could you tell me how to send an email to every user even if they unchecked "Receive emails from the Administrators."

My forum is http://letsforum.com
And I have some users that have 0 posts so I want to send them email to encourage them to post
Create a new usergroup "unchecked" (or whatever you want to name it). Let's say it's group id is xx. Copy permissions from registered users

When you run this query, every user (including admins and moderators) who unchecked receive emails from the administrators will be added to "unchecked" group as their additional groups. and set allownotice to 1. Then you can send mass email to the "unchecked" group from your ACP.

UPDATE mybb_users mu1 
SET mu1.additionalgroups = xx and mu1.allownotices = 1
WHERE mu1.allownotices = 0

* Do not forget to change "xx" to your new created group id.

When you're done, revert your changes so they won't understand what had happened.

UPDATE mybb_users mu1 
SET mu1.additionalgroups = NULL and mu1.allownotices = 0
WHERE mu1.additionalgroups = xx
OH GOD, Don't run that query, it will remove your users from any other additional groups they have joined, without even talking about the fact the additionalgroups = 2 should be set to the ID of the new usergroup you've created from the unchecked users. I'm really starting to think that only the support team should be able to answer.

(2013-06-10, 09:47 PM)un4saken Wrote: [ -> ]Create a new usergroup "unchecked" (or whatever you want to name it). Let's say it's group id is xx. Copy permissions from registered users

When you run this query, every user (including admins and moderators) who unchecked receive emails from the administrators will be added to "unchecked" group as their additional groups. and set allownotice to 1. Then you can send mass email to the "unchecked" group from your ACP.

UPDATE mybb_users mu1 
SET mu1.additionalgroups = 2 and mu1.allownotices = 1
WHERE mu1.allownotices = 0

* Do not forget to change "xx" to your new created group id.
Yeah, forgot to mention that. Second query isn't necessary if you have additional groups in your forum.

But, there's no way to do unless you move them to another group and set their allow notice.
Hi guys thanks very much for your help. But I think it is just too complicated