MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Twitter Connect help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the Twitter Connect plugin and the Plugin Library Plugin. I placed all the files in their folders, however when I click Install & Activate on the Twitter Connect plugin I get an SQL Error:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'twavatar'

Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD ( twavatar int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, twbio int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, twlocation int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, mytw_uid bigint(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 )

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I don't know what I did wrong? I placed all of the 6 HTML template files into the inc/plugin folder directly as I wasn't sure where they go. Could that be it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Have you tried to use that plugin before? If yes, the previous uninstalling must have gone wrong and could not have removed necessary columns. You may want to check your phpmyadmin mybb_users.twavatar column. If it exists, just remove it.
(2013-06-10, 10:24 PM)un4saken Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to use that plugin before? If yes, the previous uninstalling must have gone wrong and could not have removed necessary columns. You may want to check your phpmyadmin mybb_users.twavatar column. If it exists, just remove it.

I tried this, and I kept getting the same error with other tw columns. So I ended up deleting all 4 (twavatar, twbio, twlocation, and mytw_uid) and I ended up getting this message when clicking Install & Activate:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/thehock5/public_html/inc/plugins/MyTwitterConnect/templates) [<a href='directoryiterator.--construct'>directoryiterator.--construct</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/thehock5/public_html/inc/plugins/mytwconnect.php:154 Stack trace: #0 /home/thehock5/public_html/inc/plugins/mytwconnect.php(154): DirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/thehock5/...') #1 [internal function]: mytwconnect_install() #2 /home/thehock5/public_html/admin/modules/config/plugins.php(387): call_user_func('mytwconnect_ins...') #3 /home/thehock5/public_html/admin/index.php(541): require('/home/thehock5/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/thehock5/public_html/inc/plugins/mytwconnect.php on line 154

Then they re-appeared and I get the same SQL error HuhHuh
First of all, disable the plugin. then remove mybb_users.twavatar mybb_users.twbio mybb_twlocation mytw_uid, all tables and colums related to that plugin. Then reupload the plugin and reinstall.
(2013-06-10, 11:06 PM)un4saken Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, disable the plugin. then remove mybb_users.twavatar mybb_users.twbio mybb_twlocation mytw_uid, all tables and colums related to that plugin. Then reupload the plugin and reinstall.

I can't even get the plugin enabled. When I try activating I get that SQL error in the first post.

I tried uploading the mytwconnect.php file and the html files again and removing those 4 tables but it didn't fix anything.

Should I also have uploaded the .DS_Store files as well?

EDIT: I uploaded the .DS_Store files but it didn't do anything.

I just noticed that even though the plugin does not say it has been installed or activated, in the Settings page the settings for the plugin are on the list and I can change them. However the plugin doesn't seem to work or even want to activate.