MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox plugin error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I have another issue. I am new to this so please be patient with me Toungue

Anyway, this time it is with the Shoutbox plugin. I know it is for MyBB 1.4 but on this free host I was using they recently upgraded to 1.6 and the shoutbox plugin is still working so I assume the problem is me and not the plugin.

The SQL error I get is:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8

Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_shouts ( sid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', message text NOT NULL, dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM

Again, would appreciate help on this. Thanks in advanced Smile
It's because TYPE is removed since mysql 5.1. Your can't use it anymore with mysql 5.1+ Plugin author needs to update his query to something else. like "ENGINE=MyISAM"
(2013-06-10, 10:12 PM)un4saken Wrote: [ -> ]It's because TYPE is removed since mysql 5.1. Your can't use it anymore with mysql 5.1+ Plugin author needs to update his query to something else. like "ENGINE=MyISAM"

I see. Thank you for the quick reply. I'll try one of the other shoutbox plugins then.