MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seeking Genuine Tutorial Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey R/S/J-goers,

Launched a new broadened web development and design board.

Seeking genuine enthusiastic and knowledgeable members with tutorial content - payouts via PayPal will be provided in the following. PM me beforehand so I can be aware of your interests in the tutorial/incentive exchange. Each tutorial will be judged varying on content, grammar, and etc.

What I'm asking for:
I'm looking for people that have knowledge in general web development and design. As long as you know some general knowledge in webmaster terminology, I guess you're the candidate. All tutorial posts must be high quality, which will be moderated before payment.
hey man what is your site called? im a graphics designer Big Grin
I could do high quality tutorials with pictures. How much are you paying per tutorial?
What type of tutorials? What type of content is your site focusing on?
(2013-06-12, 04:27 PM)KratomPW Wrote: [ -> ]I could do high quality tutorials with pictures. How much are you paying per tutorial?

It can vary however the quality and value the tutorial is, but met by both parties (i.e. you state an asking price and then I'll say my appraisal, then we can meet a common ground, whatever works - but be noted that this is a start-up community and content is the aim here and you shouldn't expect more than $4 per tutorial, sooo.. in shorter words, you won't be a millionaire or on Forbes list after tomorrow).

I'm just really trying to have fun with this new community, seeing its potential and what not.

(2013-06-12, 04:31 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What type of tutorials? What type of content is your site focusing on?

Anything that would seem resourceful that relates to programming such as coding front or back-end and designing tutorials such as mock ups, Photoshop, CSS, and etc. - basically various how-to's.
$4 per tutorial maximum pretty much guarantees you won't get anything worthwhile, and IMO you should focus on setting a higher example yourself. Something like this has almost no value at all; there are much better articles out there about responsive design.

You also appear to be using other people's images without permission and directly linking to their downloadables ... not cool.
(2013-06-12, 08:37 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this has almost no value at all; there are much better articles out there about responsive design.

$4 for tutorials seems like a wage for some fairly basic tutorials. I'm not looking for anything NetTut-like off Envato's network, if you feel your quality line of work is more valuable, then don't bother moaning about this small gig - Envato is always open to you.

On secondhand that was simply a way of spurring the moment with an open dialogue, obviously it didn't fall in the category of tutorial and resource. I also do state credits and citations whenever I use a source elsewhere from a third party website.
That's minimum wage if I take less than half an hour to write it, basically.

And citation is not the same as permission.
(2013-06-12, 09:04 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]That's minimum wage if I take less than half an hour to write it, basically.

And citation is not the same as permission.

Whoa, now you're going to accuse me for not providing healthcare insurance like an employer as if this is a part time job. You're taking this way too serious. Go play with your look book or something.

I'm going to request closure of this thread as it obviously serves no benefit or purpose towards my board now that I'm being refrained and MyBB clearly isn't a daycare place. For those who are interested in this opportunity, feel free to contact me over PM. Thanks.