MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deafult Avatar - Plugin issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I have an issue where I am trying to set a default avatar if a user of any group does not have one. I have tried both the default-profile and default-avatar mods but am getting the following issue:

For some reason my default_av.png file is not located. Instead invalid_url.gif
is loaded.

If I turn on developer tools I can see it is getting this 'invalid_url.gif' image from "images/avatars/invalid_url.gif". If I manually change this to "images/avatars/default_av.png" in developer tools the right image appears - so I know the file exists at that location and has the correct permissions set.

The setting I have tried to enter into the default-profile and default-avatar mods for default avatar is "./images/avatars/default_av.png" and "images/avatars/default_av.png". I also tried an external url in this setting but no matter what happens unvalid_url.gif loads.

As a quick fix I renamed the file I want to be the default avatar to "invalid_url.gif" and that works, however, I would like to get this resolved if possible.

Anyone have any idea? Many thanks...
so that plugin accepts gif images only and renaming the file is the simple method to fix it.
one has to check the plugin code to trace the cause.
(2013-06-12, 02:43 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]so that plugin accepts gif images only and renaming the file is the simple method to fix it.
one has to check the plugin code to trace the cause.

Hmmm, I just tried 'images/avatars/stimpy.gif' and it does not work, however, again if I am to manually edit code in developer tools, this file exists...

It works if I click the button to update all users without an avatar, however, new users are not receiving any avatars... I also tried to update my database directly to set the avatar, avatardimensions and avatartype by default, but it isn't working...

This seems like such a silly feature to not have in a forum framework by default..

Sad