MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is happening???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its seems that for some bizarre reason, some of my members can see new posts/threads/forums, but others cannot.

I created 3 new forums in a category at the top of my board (see first attached image). I can see them fine, but my friend cannot (see second attached image). Note that I had changed the board message to an alert about the disappearing posts, but my friend can only see the old one.

I asked my friend to create a new topic in any forum and he created one with an tid of 2084 (see third attachment). HOWEVER, this is already a tid for one of the topics in the forum that cannot be seen by him (see final image).

I have checked the database, and everything in there checks out and corresponds to the way I see it.

My friend is not the only one who can't see the other threads, a few members have contacted me about this.

Also, these people do not appear on the Who's Online when they are on, and I do not appear to them if I am on. This has been confirmed over MSN on more than one occasion.

Any takers? I do have backups of the database and files, but if there is an easy way to get round this then it would be great.

Thanks,
DrPoodle
Check the permissions of the forums, and the usergroups.
Already did. I haven't touched a thing and suddenly everything disappears to some users.

Permissions wouldn't make thread id's show different threads though would they?
Could you check your database through phpmyadmin see if any threads are corrupt?
I checked the last few pages of threads and everything is in order.
Please clear the browser cache and do a hard-refresh to see if the new content is shown.
Problem is now fixed. It seems my hosting company switched servers and messed up the DNS records...

Thanks for the help anyway Wink