MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum not logging out properly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something rather strange has been occurring with my installation of myBB. It was initially brought to my attention by one of my users, but I was able to (by accident) duplicate this just a few moments ago.

Our forum is set to be readable only by registered, logged in users, and we are rather paranoid about the security and content of our users, especially those who are browsing our site in a public computing setting.

If I log out of the forums, hit backspace/go back to the (cached?) forum listing page, and click on any forum/forum topic, I am able to read that particular item, instead of being prompted to log back in. I am also then able to navigate to other threads in the forum.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, is there anything I can do to resolve it?
aural Wrote:Something rather strange has been occurring with my installation of myBB. It was initially brought to my attention by one of my users, but I was able to (by accident) duplicate this just a few moments ago.

Our forum is set to be readable only by registered, logged in users, and we are rather paranoid about the security and content of our users, especially those who are browsing our site in a public computing setting.

If I log out of the forums, hit backspace/go back to the (cached?) forum listing page, and click on any forum/forum topic, I am able to read that particular item, instead of being prompted to log back in. I am also then able to navigate to other threads in the forum.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, is there anything I can do to resolve it?

You may be logged out, but you're still seeing what's in the cache, correct? I believe you should be seeing that.
If it were cached content, I would not be nearly so disturbed. The content I was able to retrieve was not stored in the cache; in fact, I cleared out my cache and gave it another test -- the issue is still present.
Hmm, I tried it on my forum and when I hit the back button once it took be back to the redirecting "you've been logged out" page

When I tried it again and hit the back button twice (to avoid the redirection) it still had me logged out~
Hmm. I'm not able to confirm this at all. Please make sure the forum permissions are set up correctly and that you are in fact logged out.
I know I'm logged out. In fact, if I click the "Log out" link again, the forum TELLS ME I'm logged out/not logged in (but then still allows me to browse.)

I've double checked my forum permissions and don't see any apparent issues.
Since you are sure you are logged out, but you are still able to view threads and hidden forums, it sounds like a forum permission problem... What version are you using?
I'm using 1.2.1.

Also, I'm on IRC at the moment if you'd prefer real-time communication.
Resolved on IRC...