MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading theme's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have uploaded the theme i wish to use to the server. got everything unzipped and whatnot. however i do not know how to activate it? any suggestions?
(2013-06-13, 09:56 PM)goten170 Wrote: [ -> ]i have uploaded the theme i wish to use to the server. got everything unzipped and whatnot. however i do not know how to activate it? any suggestions?

Hello!

To activate a theme you have installed, simply :

1:Go to you ACP
2: Click 'Templates & Styles'

A list of themes will be listed there if you installed them correctly.

To activate a specific theme, simply press the green arrow on which ever theme you want to be active.

Hope this helped!

-Ash
To expand on the users post above, you must also import the .xml theme file. Please bare that in mind.

If you have not imported the theme file (under Admin CP>> Themes) then you will not see it listed in your admin panel.
ok i was not sure if i even had it in the right spot on the server. exactly where to i need to upload the theme's folder to?

secondly i can not even see the 'Templates & Styles' link in the admin cp. i can see 'themes' and a 'templates' links in the "quick access" of the dashboard or home page on the admin cp, but when i click on them it does nothing.
Hello,

When you download the theme, usually there is a folder called "images" within the archive download.

Upload this to your MyBB forum root (as it will simply add all the contents of the "images" folder to your "images" directory within your MyBB root).

Then go to your "Templates & Style", select "Import a Theme" and then select the .xml file within the downloaded zip for your theme.

Thanks,
i do not have a ""Templates & Style" link that i can see anywhere?
In your MyBB AdminCP up the top in the menu.
my admin panel this is what i see...

top menu

'home' 'configuration' 'forums & post' 'users and groups' 'tools & maintenance'

did something install wrong, or am i just blind as a bat???

i would like to know whats going on, so i can get to work on other things.
that is a great tutorial, however, i simply do not have a 'templates and style' link in my admin cp. it is just not there. im thinking maybe i might have done the installation wrong, and the 'templates and style' link just does not show up until i have it installed properly(i seriously doubt it though, cause everyone is acting like im crazy i dont see it!).
Pages: 1 2