MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guide for backup on wampserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need a guide for backing up my website on a wampserver. I like to do that so that when I install plugin I can test them first on my home computer. But everything on mybb is on the Admin menu, so just putting it on the site from my home computer may be problematic since I don't know if I can even access the admin menu. The domain names are obviously different. So how do I account for that. And the MySQL versions are different. Is that a problem?

Please help.

Taiwantroll
[Wiki: Database_Backup] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

The first method would be the easiest, just make sure you select the destination server's MySQL version(as shown in the attached image). If it is not there, just leave it as "None".
Okay thanks. Next, can I access the admin just by typing in the URL to that directory even if my domain name has changed, so that I can make the changes through the admin menu?

Taiwantroll
If I understand your query correctly, yes you should be able to access the MyBB Admin CP on either forum by typing in their respective URLs and adding the Admin CP folder name after that