MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB.com is badly targeted by spammers ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes, but what's the issue with installing something in the meantime? I really don't see the problem with installing a plugin that doesn't cause any visible changes.
(2013-06-15, 05:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 05:53 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I look forward to that a year from now.

1.8 isn't that far away. The jQuery conversion is in progress and most of the features we want to implement are low hanging fruit.

It was a joke, but I hope you'll understand if I take any "coming soon" comments with a grain of salt Toungue
(2013-06-15, 06:03 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but what's the issue with installing something in the meantime? I really don't see the problem with installing a plugin that doesn't cause any visible changes.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-139467-...pid1012726

If we were to do anything, that's what I would suggest.
Anything's better than what we have right now. Just imagine being a new user considering a move to MyBB and being greeted by spam posts and discussions such as these lamenting the issues. Not a good first impression.
(2013-06-15, 06:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Anything's better than what we have right now. Just imagine being a new user considering a move to MyBB and being greeted by spam posts and discussions such as these lamenting the issues. Not a good first impression.

I agree, what's the issue with putting one or two plugins to stop those spammers? I'm sure the issue, if there is any, is far less harmful for MyBB than users seeing spam every day at least 2 times.

I remember kinda similar situation when a Firefox editor bug came out. MyBB released a patch for that but didn't want to apply it to this forum. Reason? Keeping it default and waiting till release of version which includes the patch. Doesn't matter that the Firefox users could get annoyed. I won't mince words - it's just stupid and pointless.
I love when staff links the public to threads no one can read with an intriguing description to it.
(2013-06-16, 12:18 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I love when staff links the public to threads no one can read with an intriguing description to it.

It's one of my threads, too Shy
(2013-06-16, 12:18 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I love when staff links the public to threads no one can read with an intriguing description to it.

* JordanMussi hates it.
* JordanMussi finds it soooo unbearable.
* JordanMussi thinks it's one of the pluses of being on the team. :p
* JordanMussi lost out on doing stuff like that Sad
(2013-06-18, 06:34 AM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-141188-...pid1013397 Dodgy

Sorted. In the future, please just report them rather than drawing more attention by posting a link to the offending thread.
i also facing the same problem...most of sites using mybb is targeted by spammers.Any solution for this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6