MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how change colors...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to change the color of the background of the post author
you know that row above the post where the user info (avatar, username, usertitle, rep and post count are located) without changing the color in other sides, i just want to change the color here:

[Image: 1q1.png]

is there a way I can change them in the css or I have to do something in the templates? i dont want to tuch the trow1 and trow2 colors
If I rmb right, it should be "Table" from Global.css Smile
admin panel >> templates >> active theme templates >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit
find code like below
<tr>
<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">

<tr>
		<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">

you can add a new class to <tr> and use required background color through css style
eg. <tr class="author_row"> and .author_row {background: #cccccc;}
can u be more precise how to do that?

i was tying, but not works, im not expert in html and coding
^ have you added a class for the referred tr tag and required style code in the global.css ?
(2013-06-15, 10:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have you added a class for the referred tr tag and required style code in the global.css ?

i dont understand, what "required style code"? i create a new tr, where?, before trow1? what code? just <tr class="author_row"> ¿? or i have to add more on the line <tr class="author_row"> {$unapproved_shade}">??
^ please see post #3. suggestion is to replace <tr> with <tr class="author_row">
and add .author_row {background: #cccccc;} at the bottom of global.css
this is postbit, im using the default theme, i think this templates are the global

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcatposthead">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trowposthead {$unapproved_shade}">
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				{$post['iplogged']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>
^ replace <tr> in below code part
<tr>
    <td class="trowposthead {$unapproved_shade}">

Edit: please see post #11
not works

edit: nevermind, is working on the default theme, i was using a new theme created based on the default theme
Pages: 1 2