MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to mybb merge problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I have phbb3 forum and before 2 months I decided to migrate to other board and in 2 months I tested 4 board vBuletin,SMF,AEF and MyBB at free subdomains,I chose MyBB and I woud like to merge my phpbb3 to mybb but I stuck at first step cause mybb can't connect to my phpbb3 database it say " Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql.myhostname.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct? user details are correct?",host name,engine, user/pass,prefix..are set right but I got this error every time I try.
Thanks in advance!

Nelsa
I'd suggest to make MyBB forum in your computer (localhost), do the merge and transfer the result database to live forum.
Well,thanks I'll will if coudn't merge otherwise
(2013-06-15, 10:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest to make MyBB forum in your computer (localhost), do the merge and transfer the result database to live forum.

I would agree with this.
Download XAMPP and play around with the SQL files until you get it working.

Once you do, simply do the same thing for the forum.
it is clear that database is not connecting for some reason. can you login and browse the phpBB database without any issues ?
Yes I can,I don't have any issues with board or database,it works fine and it's strange to me that it can't connect,MySQL is 5.1.58 ,PHP 5.4 ,APACHE 2.2.17,I trayed with reinstalation MYBB and with fresh MERGE file few times,also try to lower PHP to 5.2 and 5.3,also change user/pass of phpbb3 databse,now I will try to instal new phpbb3 on second (free domain at other web host provider) then I will import my old database to phbb3 and try to merge from there.

EDIT:

Just to say that I merge my phbb3 to mybb at localhost,I used WAMP,
my first step was instalation mybb at "default website" in WAMP(webroot),second is database for mybb,then I copy MERGE file in root directory( webroot),then I created second database for phpbb3 in "php my admin" and than I imported backup database from old phbb3,not need for phpbb3 instalation at localhost just need database.
So I woud ilke to thanks for help.

See attachment,some letters missing 'cause I not yet instlled my language