MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-07-03, 12:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]the issue is due to using of a unicode language (Portuguese) for the front end of forum.
unable to trace the exact cause but switching to English language appears to be fixing
the issue. (removing or renaming inc/languages/portuguese.php file may be required)

updating Portuguese language files to the latest available version (1608) not solved it.
I've also tested it on local test board and I was able to reproduce this attachments issue.

Hummmm, that's very strange, although the solution isn't an option, as almost all my forum's members speak portuguese.
The question that remains is why this problem started only now, if I always had this language selected...

.m. : thanks a lot for the help, I wait for a opinion from the developers to see if there is a solution for the problem.
now I believe that the issue has been fixed. some of the language files were having UTF-8 BOM at the beginning
Quote:FAIL ('....inc/languages/portugues_brasil/customalerts.lang.php' starts with UTF-8 Byte Order Mark)

Thanks to frostschutz for providing bomfix file

when we add utf-8 encoded files, we have to ensure that the files are saved without BOM
(2013-07-05, 05:36 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]now I believe that the issue has been fixed. some of the language files were having UTF-8 BOM at the beginning
Quote:FAIL ('....inc/languages/portugues_brasil/customalerts.lang.php' starts with UTF-8 Byte Order Mark)

Thanks to frostschutz for providing bomfix file

when we add utf-8 encoded files, we have to ensure that the files are saved without BOM

.m. you are my hero!!!! Smile THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Strange that this error stops only the attachments, how did you find this? :
I have the same problem
(2013-07-12, 08:00 AM)Reiofuda Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem

I don't know exactly how to find the page with the bom, but you can get all the pages that have been changed lately and use notepad++ to convert to a BOM'less file using menu format->UTF without BOM.
@ Reiofuda, you can add bomfix file to plugins folder, navigate to plugins page on the admin panel and click on
activate to run bomfix. check the results and follow the suggestion given by echofloripa for the files having BOM

@ echofloripa, first I thought the issue is due to a plugin or global.lang.php file. I didn't know that other language
files can also affect the attachments. I was able to trace the cause from a topic related to captcha image !
Quote:('.....inc/languages/italiano/admin/home_preferences.lang.php' starts with UTF-8 Byte Order Mark)

D:

EDIT: solved
i have attachment issue:

[attachment=30056]

same issue when inserting it into post:

[attachment=30057]
^ @roi, have you read post #12 above and the other posts on this page ?
if you are confused then give your forum url and test user account
I have read all the posts. I usually do,before posting issues.

Post #12 doesn't apply to me.

Meanwhile,the Problem has been solved. A specific plugin was the reason. As usual...
Pages: 1 2