MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you get a Big Board Owner status???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed on several members usernames that the "Big Board Owner" status appears...just curious how do you achieve that. My forum Ded Outdoors has been on MyBB since MyBB started as receives more than 3 million hits each year every year....
You must own a forum with at least 100,000 posts. Smile

http://community.mybb.com/usercp.php?action=usergroups
Damn..... I only have 24,447 posts in 4,097 threads...sorry
Go to UCP > Group Membership and join the group.
If the criteria matches and passes on review, you will be promoted.
I don't have the posts to join....In my genre' or industry....it is one of the largest. I noticed gamer forums receive a ton more...but mine is not built like that. It is tricked out and stayed up-to-date all these years. and features some pretty unique advertising plugins custom made for it. I don't remember what the version was when we converted it over...but we came from XMB when MyBB was in it's infancy.

I sent my request to join.... probably won't be accepted...but that is not going to stop me from flying the MyBB colors well.....while other sites in my industry all run VBulletin or other software.
6 users active in the past 5 minutes (0 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 4 guests).

You sure you receive 3,000,000 hits a day?
(2013-06-17, 11:56 AM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]3 million hits each year
Oh, I can't read. Still though, really? Lol
A big 100,000 posts is required to join that group which you can do so in your UCP Wink.

(2013-06-17, 12:00 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]Damn..... I only have 24,447 posts in 4,097 threads...sorry

Eh, your nearly 1/4 way their! Keep going and you'll eventually hit the 100k mark!
Look.... I didn't come here to advertise my site....or prove that I inflate the hits that I do recieve. I only wanted to ask how to receive a "Big Board Owner" Status because I felt that I represent MyBB well in the entire Waterfowl Hunting Social Market here in the US. I have the ONLY forum I have seen the utilizes MyBB while others use VBulletin, SMF, and others.....
Here is a couple past years stats for the forum....as it is the only thing running on the entire server I use:

2011 - Viewed Traffic - 4,951,109 Hits
Not Viewed Traffic - 3,427,393 Hits
2012 - Viewed Traffic - 3,681,478 Hits
Not Viewed Traffic - 3,639,590 Hits
2013 to current - Viewed Traffic - 3,686,456 Hits
Not Viewed Traffic - 1,465,714 Hits
Pages: 1 2