MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New member - sign up notification page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two related issues that I need info on here. It concerns the message displayed to people when they sign up. The one where MYbb states very clearly "Don't blame us" etc. I would like to be able to edit this page with some additional stuff of my own, and I would also like to auto-send an email to people when they sign up with a welcome message and also to repeat the do's and dont's on the sign up page.

And I suppose there is a third request here. Are there any downloadable instructions on how to edit things, and where to find the required templates ? I can find the templates OK, but don't have much of a clue what they do.

Many thanks
Admin CP > Configuration Tab > Languages > Controls > "Edit Language Variables" > scroll down until you find "member.lang.php" then click "Edit" beside it. Next, scroll down until you find the text "agreement_1, agreement_2, agreement_3", from there you can edit the registration agreement.

Welcome email + pm

http://mods.mybb.com/view/welcome-pm

I don't think there is. I always Google and find the solution easily. If not you can always post a support thread.
most of the things are explained at Documentation section. And as Geret said you can use Google or search feature to find required guidance
(2013-06-18, 04:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]most of the things are explained at Documentation section. And as Geret said you can use Google or search feature to find required guidance

Thank you to yourself and Geret. I now have the required resources to give myself 10 nervous breakdowns. After all, that's what computers are all about !