MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Brasil Uprising #verasqueumfilhoteunaofogealuta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

Hello

I'm from Brazil and now my country is experiencing a time of change. Known as peaceful country and football country - sex tourism also.

I live in Rio de Janeiro - the ancient capital of the Portuguese Empire in Europe.We only have 500 years of history, so we are very new to the world. We are a country of the size of a continent.

Please if u can twitter and use facebook.

Help us to change our world as we know it

#mudabrasil
# verasqueumfilhoteunaofogealuta

sry for my english

[Image: INCENDIO.jpg]
And twitter and facebook will help how?...

Fishing for likes and follows me thinks...
(2013-06-18, 12:32 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]And twitter and facebook will help how?...

Twitter and Facebook have been used as means of communications and awareness during many protests, and Twitter in particular was absolutely fundamental during the Arab Spring.

If you're going to be cynical, you could at least do your research.
(2013-06-18, 12:32 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]And twitter and facebook will help how?...

Today Facebook sent 100.000 peoples only here in Rio de Janeiro and more than 300.000 in others cities.

Wink
Brazil President's instagram

[Image: xmEois5T.png.pagespeed.ic.Qg-JE9NB2V.webp]

Major protests in Curitiba, Rio, Salvador, Brasília, São Paulo. Somewhat 60,000+ for each city. 100k in Rio.

People surrounded the Congress. The Army has been deployed around the Presidential Palace and the Supreme Court.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-18...olent.html

They will most likely use this to make Brazil into more of a police state.
(2013-06-18, 12:41 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

Twitter and Facebook have been used as means of communications and awareness during many protests, and Twitter in particular was absolutely fundamental during the Arab Spring.

If you're going to be cynical, you could at least do your research.

That is of course great. But that's not what I was getting at. How will using some hash tags in your tweets REALLY help anyone in brasil right now. You'd probably be better off donating $1 to charity instead.

I wasn't saying that Facebook and twitter themselves are useless, just this utilisation of them. It's just like those "like to end animal cruelty" posts.
Because people need to know it's happening before international pressure can affect anything.
(2013-06-18, 09:30 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]That is of course great. But that's not what I was getting at. How will using some hash tags in your tweets REALLY help anyone in brasil right now. You'd probably be better off donating $1 to charity instead.

I wasn't saying that Facebook and twitter themselves are useless, just this utilisation of them. It's just like those "like to end animal cruelty" posts.

It helps organise the protests among other things. Social media has become vital for protests and even revolutions. "Anonymous" famously used Twitter wonderfully to help one nation overturn their own government, so I can completely understand why he wants to plug their usage of social media.

It's not a case of tweeting something with a hash tag, it's a case of raising awareness and progressing organisation. It's nothing like "like this post if you hate animal cruelty" lmao.
I know a few people in Brasil. One of my friends lives in the northeast; Sao Luis area I think. Apparently people are going to start protesting there next week.

Let me say I completely sympathise with why you're all protesting/rioting; corruption is a really big problem, especially in more Westernised nations.
Awesome. Now I can make sure to cancel my trip to Brazil. I won't visit any country with civil unrest. Nice way to kill tourism. Great job.
Pages: 1 2