MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck in creating a Mybb Theme !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi mybb Community.
I for reference only have a great vast knowledge in HTMl and CSS. So alot of the scripting, etc. is familiar for me. However, i find it extremely difficult to create a mybb theme. I have a simply layout, the myBB layout when creating a new theme. Im looking at the Css and notice that i honeslty dont know what tag represent what actual figure in the layout. If i want to remove the calendar, were would i go? etc. (Not an actual question simply an example).

Is there a layout in which it mentions what each is for what? I figured some are for this and that which is fine but im just having issues understanding what is for what.

Hope you understand if not please let me know and i'll try to futher my explanation.
Thank You
The most useful tool I've found is Chrome. Right click whatever element you want to edit in Chrome, then select Inspect Element. You'll see developer tools pop up, and it should have all the information you're looking for.

After that you should just go into your global.css file, then Ctrl+F and enter the class/id of the element you got in developer tools.
(2013-06-19, 01:50 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]The most useful tool I've found is Chrome. Right click whatever element you want to edit in Chrome, then select Inspect Element. You'll see developer tools pop up, and it should have all the information you're looking for.

After that you should just go into your global.css file, then Ctrl+F and enter the class/id of the element you got in developer tools.

really? i had no idea (i use chrome 24-7 fail) Sad haha thank you so much for this reply and the other Big Grin

thanks