MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a clear Background?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im curious as to how to create a clear background.

I have the body which normally carries a color or image depending on the theme design. However, in the container of most theme, are solid colored. I want to create or force that solid color container to become transparent or clear were i can see the body background. I figured opacity or the rgba() colors could figure it out but im having issues with it. Im guessing its a simply fix in which i honestly have issues with.

Can any enlighten me and help me with this? thank you
Just edit #container. You'll want to change the background property to:

background: transparent;
(2013-06-19, 01:51 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Just edit #container. You'll want to change the background property to:

background: transparent;

really just transparent? i was told over at sitepoint (webdesigning forum) that i needed the rgba values which i never sought ideal knowledge rather another form of color values. So i simply use transparent and it shold work?
thanks
Yeah, transparent works just fine. Though if you'd like, background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0); would do the same, though it's not as cross-browser as the first. ^.^
(2013-06-19, 02:08 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, transparent works just fine. Though if you'd like, background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0); would do the same, though it's not as cross-browser as the first. ^.^

okay i see alright thank you it worked Big Grin