MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have MyBB 1.2.1 and when I click Quick Edit, nothing happens!

It works fine on this site but not on my own. Also, when hovering over thread titles, 'alt' text appears saying '(Click and hold to edit)'. This also does not work.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Make sure that the files in the jscript folder are not corrupt (ie, try uploading them again in text format)
DennisTT Wrote:Make sure that the files in the jscript folder are not corrupt (ie, try uploading them again in text format)

Just tried that to no avail. Sad
Was your forum fully loaded in the browser before you clicked on quick edit? (i.e. the progress bar that shows up on the bottom of the browser is fully loaded/gone indicating the page is fully loaded)
Have you modified any files or have any plugins installed? And when you try to use the quick edit or inline thread title editor, do you see any Javascript errors on your browser?
Tikitiki Wrote:Was your forum fully loaded in the browser before you clicked on quick edit? (i.e. the progress bar that shows up on the bottom of the browser is fully loaded/gone indicating the page is fully loaded)

Yes, I waited until it was 'Done'.

DennisTT Wrote:Have you modified any files or have any plugins installed? And when you try to use the quick edit or inline thread title editor, do you see any Javascript errors on your browser?

I'm using Firefox 2.0. No errors appear. There are a couple of plugins installed; Image Resizer and Public Ban Information (which I can't deactivate since upgrading to 1.2 and above but thats a different problem).
May I have a link to your forum to see for myself? Smile
Tikitiki Wrote:May I have a link to your forum to see for myself? Smile

Of course! Smile

http://www.wevolution.org/forum/
You removed the following div from the postbit template: <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}">

That is what is causing your problems. It should be located right above the <p> where {$post['message']} is. The accompanying </div> should be put in accordingly.
Thanks guys, it's working now! Smile