MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked Forum Header. How do I change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
My host recently had a hacking attack and they also attacked my website and changed the header. I need to remove this fast and my host (yes I know they seem bad haha) doesn't know where the file is located to change it. You can see the problem at www.vikingcraft.biz/ It's where it says "Hacked by D4rkR4v3nz And ManSyk3z

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),810(cayltwoh)"

Where is the file that this is in so I can change it?
From the looks of it, the code has been injected in to index.php.
if only templates are changed, simple method could be installing another theme and making that default theme.
So I can either delete the theme and get a new one.. or, how could I uninject the code Big Grin
Have you tried reuploading index.php from a fresh package?
Yes I have, Nathan. I believe it is in the CSS or something but I have no idea. I have been searching for hours. I even reinstalled in another directory and have replaced all of the files in the normal directory of my website (where index.php, etc is). It might just be easier to reinstall my theme. How can I uninstall a theme?
^ you can delete a theme from the themes page on the admin panel (click on options button at the right side and then delete)
Will it delete all of my members? Because it says #of users

Nope. It didn't work. I deleted the theme and it is still there. www.vikingcraft.biz
^ No, deleting a theme does not delete the members.

Edit: run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section to check for changed files.
Thanks. I will do that now Smile
Pages: 1 2