MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too many spambots...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently saw a huge growth of spambots registering on my forum recently. I thought it was just because my spam plugin (Stop Forum Spam) was outdated and such, so I had upgraded that to see if any more spammers would register, and I think even more began to register. I than installed that Registration Security Question plugin for more protection, yet I'm still having spambots register on my forum. I though, uninstalled Stop Forum Spam because I think it hasn't really helped me ever since it needed to be upgraded to it's latest version.

I'd like to use Spamalyser, as I've heard that it's very good, but I can't get the plugin from the website as it seems to be down.

What should I do to better protect my forum?

Sincerely,
Zueq
www.pokesun.com/
I too had same issue.

In addition to having above plugins, also ban the ip addresses and registration mails that you observe them as spammers (like mail.ru, and some other uncommon domains).
For reference ZEJ rarely experiences any spammers but I went a bit overboard; they have to pass seven seperate layers of antispam to get in.

Bad Behavior -> Fassim (registration) -> Register Time -> SFS (registration) -> Fassim (posting) -> SFS (posting) -> Spamalyser (posting)

Fassim is brilliant; would definitely recommend it.