MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb portal [help]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Ive installed mybb and went to the portal.php page,I have got the fid number as 1 to take announcements from that account but they dont appear on the portal and also getting an error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dsmir3/public_html/forums/portal.php on line 359

could anyone tell me how to fix this ?

Thanks.
change the forum id setting to an actual forum (i.e. 2). I don't think it works with categories.
Don't think that's the problem, because I am having the same issue... and my fid number is set to 4 (a valid forum id).
Any idea why? It's a fresh install of 1.2.2
Anyone? Please?
could you post the link of your forum, please?
I would rather not if at all possible.

The only error on the portal.php is this:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/blahblah/public_html/forum/portal.php on line 359
--> It shows up at the top of the page, and below it is the normal portal page MINUS the portal content (the left sidebar with the stats/etc works, but it doesn't pull any content from the specified forum id (fid), even though I have a valid one specified).

Cheers.
PM me the url to your forum and FTP access please.
Is that forum viewable by everybody? Does that forum exist?
Dennis, we figured it out. His settings.php was chmoded to 744, so it did not have write permissions so MyBB couldn't update the settings.php and therefore the settings were old.
Ok that's good.