MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: have been locked out of admin cp's configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
May you can help me.

I have installed a new forum. In reason of problems sending e-mails from my Domain's web account, I have tried to change the forum's admin's e-mail address and since this I can access to the admin-cp but not to the configuration (where I could change the forum's admin's e-mail address again back). If I try it, I only got always the logon windows but no error message back, only this logon screen comes again and again with no future access.

I did not found this in the /inc/config.php and I found it also not in the database directly.

Could you please help me to got the full access back?

It's a 1.6.10 release.
Thanks, I haved asked back there, so I am not sure that this may helps.

I have a second user with administrator rights with UID 2, but this user has the same issue.

I have tried it, but this brings me only the the settings of my User within the database. I know my username, the user works for standard and moderator actions, I can also access to the admin-cp but I was not able to access the "configuration" or any other part of the admin-cp. If I click to anything there, I got the login window only, I can put in there the username and the correct passwort but nothing happens, this logon prompt comes again and again.

For sure it is related to the change of the administrator's e-mail adress in the "configurations" -- "general configuration" --> "Admin Email" change I have done. Where is THIS value saved to? Directly to the database or to a file?
(2013-06-24, 07:25 AM)Rainer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I haved asked back there, so I am not sure that this may helps.

I have a second user with administrator rights with UID 2, but this user has the same issue.

I have tried it, but this brings me only the the settings of my User within the database. I know my username, the user works for standard and moderator actions, I can also access to the admin-cp but I was not able to access the "configuration" or any other part of the admin-cp. If I click to anything there, I got the login window only, I can put in there the username and the correct passwort but nothing happens, this logon prompt comes again and again.

For sure it is related to the change of the administrator's e-mail adress in the "configurations" -- "general configuration" --> "Admin Email" change I have done. Where is THIS value saved to? Directly to the database or to a file?

I think changing the admin email address here as on the image below works. Give it a try once logging into phpmyadmin.

Hmm, wait a min, I will check back that setting.

Actually having different emails for the Admin email in General Configuration settings and that of the registered root admin email having uid 1 won't cause any problem like this.

If you want to change this setting via phpmyadmin, you can change this in mybb_settings table with gid 7 (I hope so, check in your case.)
I am sorry, but there is no such a part for an e-mail address in PID 7 or around.

Here is the PID list:

[attachment=29597]

and what's in PID 7:

[attachment=29598]

The problem is not to change the e-mail address, the problem is that I am not able to access any part within the admin-cp, if I try it I have to re-authenticate my user, but this does'nt work at this point.

Not with my root admin user and also not with the 2nd administrator level user.
Its not Pid , its GID (I think its group id). Goto the table value location where it is having Gid as 7 and edit the admin email there.
Thats quiet bad. I have changed it there but it does'nt solve my problem.

I will try to re-install the complete forum and proceed a database backup and import via the myphpadmin tool.

Would you recommend this?
(2013-06-24, 08:48 AM)Rainer Wrote: [ -> ]Thats quiet bad. I have changed it there but it does'nt solve my problem.
As I told you already, Changing the admin email in general configuration won't affect the problem you are facing as its just used for sending the emails from your board.

(2013-06-24, 08:48 AM)Rainer Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to re-install the complete forum and proceed a database backup and import via the myphpadmin tool.

Would you recommend this?
If you don't have much customization and the heavy traffic you may consider this. But still take a min to search for the relevant problem around here on mybb community forums or else wait for some other to reply to this if they exact got what the problem is.
(2013-06-24, 08:55 AM)ksr Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have much customization and the heavy traffic you may consider this. But still take a min to search for the relevant problem around here on mybb community forums or else wait for some other to reply to this if they exact got what the problem is.

There are no much customization changes and for sure no heavy traffic and the "daily things" I can do with it.

I will do this this evening (in about 9 hours from now on), till this I will leave it as it is for possible new questions or idea's how to solve this.

Thanks for supporting me in that case! Smile
Such a f###.

I installed it complete new, for sure the backup I have been created was NOT working (I only export the mybb_settings table), okay new install, works fine, want to change only the e-mail address for another issue of the mail account, it failes again.

I again can access to the admin-cp but not more! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate this stuff!!

What the f###?!?!
Pages: 1 2