MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see there is 2 issues with vbulletin conversions, seeing i own a vb, ipb and xf license i figured i would share the fix.

Open: merge/boards/vbulletin3/forumperms.php

Find (Line 64):
if($data['forumpermissions'] & $val)

Replace With:
if($data['forumpermission'] & $val)

Find (Line 84):
query = $this->old_db->simple_select("forumpermissions", "COUNT(*) as count");

Replace With:
query = $this->old_db->simple_select("forumpermission", "COUNT(*) as count");

//====================================================
====================================================//

Open: merge/boards/vbulletin3/attachments.php

Find (Line 168):
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("attachments", "COUNT(*) as count");

Replace With:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("attachment", "COUNT(*) as count");

And vbulletin 4 conversions will work entirely fine. I wasn't sure where to submit this so i put it here.

This was tested on a board with:
20 attachments
22,504 posts
8,204 threads
3,205 members
vbulletin 4.2.1 (latest)

If it's in the wrong area, please move.
Please report bugs on the dev site.

http://dev.mybb.com/
http://dev.mybb.com/issues/2237

Done, and sorry about that Smile
has this issue been fixed now or do these edits still need to be made?
Bump..

This should be looked at and resolved, ticket has been sitting for 8 months now.
(2014-02-14, 10:43 PM)Smite Wrote: [ -> ]Bump..

This should be looked at and resolved, ticket has been sitting for 8 months now.

We currently don't support vB4, there's a beta module on Github.
@Nathan: I don't know how to use that bug system (I don't have an account).
But how about the report I made this week here, from the same issue, vBulletin 3 merge which is already existing for 2 years?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-151023.html
Many people have converted from vB3 to MyBB successfully.

See Dylan's comment:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-106843-...#pid778785
What's that for kind of answer? That people have done it successfully is totally no argument to prove that nothing is wrong.

Yes, they converted succesfully because they have changed things themselves because many of them are experienced enough or read on the forum here how to change it, which should not be necessary in fact. It's just a little adjustment to the merge script.
Or even copy the merge script, fix the issues and call it vbulletin 3.7/3.8 merge script or something like that. It's 2 minutes work.

Quote:are odd, since I don't see why they would have changed table names in that manner during the 3.x series lifetime, however simple renames of the tables should work.
So what if Dylan don't see the reason? They did it!
Why can't you people believe that vBulletin did this? If you just took a little effort to have a look on the vBulletin site, you would already have seen that both tables are named without the "s" at the end.
Not changing such errors is causing irritating to new Mybb users and gives the impression of lack of support, especially since nobody fixed this for over 2 years.

I myself are working with vBulletin since version 2.x, so why won't you believe a very experienced vbulletin admin, that the tables indeed are called this way and just change the merge script and prevent irritation with new user?
Which would probably get you even more former vb3.8.x users, especially because php 5.3 will be declared end of support this year.
Quote:What's that for kind of answer? That people have done it successfully is totally no argument to prove that nothing is wrong.

Yes, they converted succesfully because they have changed things themselves because many of them are experienced enough or read on the forum here how to change it, which should not be necessary in fact. It's just a little adjustment to the merge script.
Or even copy the merge script, fix the issues and call it vbulletin 3.7/3.8 merge script or something like that. It's 2 minutes work.

I myself converted a forum from vB 3.8 to MyBB fine. I didn't have to change anything. This is the first I'm hearing about any of this. I'm not saying it won't be looked in to, nor nothing will be done, but to my knowledge it has worked fine. In fact vBulletin is the second most converted system to MyBB, us not getting more reports that something has changed or people are receiving errors is strange.
Pages: 1 2