MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User's Primary User Group keeps changing to Support Expired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of users on client's forum -http://www.evolutionjewellers.com.au/forum/ are having issues when logging into their accounts. They do not have access to view any of the normal posts they usually see.

This is because for some reason, some user's Primary User Group (in admin/Users & Groups/User x/Profile/Primary User Group) is automatically changing to 'Support Expired' rather than 'Registered'.

I think the users that it is happening to are just over a year old, are there settings somewhere to define which Primary User Group to assign a user to for a period of time?

The client is getting a lot of angry emails and I've looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. Can someone please help / does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?

MyBB version - 1.6.6
Firstly you should upgrade to the latest version of MyBB as soon as possible and keep up to date with the releases.

You might want to check if there are any Group Promotions set.

ACP > Users & Groups > Group Promotions
(2013-06-25, 02:33 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly you should upgrade to the latest version of MyBB as soon as possible and keep up to date with the releases.

You might want to check if there are any Group Promotions set.

ACP > Users & Groups > Group Promotions

Thank you Nathan, I didn't know about that section so I'll check that out now. Should hopefully do the trick!

As for upgrading, I was planning to do that this week too but I'm nervous about upgrading and what that could potentially do to data/settings/etc. Are there any issues surrounding updating to the latest version of MyBB? Does anyone have any important tips? Of course I'll take a backup but would be hoping to make the whole process as smooth as possible.
See: [Docs: Upgrading]

You should be more worried about not upgrading. There little to no risk in upgrading compared to leaving your forum out of date.