MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WARN Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys how is it possible to display a message on the user post when they receive a warning? Like I see here?
haha gotta laugh at that sorry Big Grin
when you warn a user, there is a option to notify the user through a PM.
(Notify User: [check box] Send this user a private message notifying them of this warning)
OMG! Sorry that was really bad English LOL

(2013-06-25, 02:21 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]haha gotta laugh at that sorry Big Grin

OMG! Sorry that was really bad English LOL

(2013-06-25, 02:28 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]when you warn a user, there is a option to notify the user through a PM.
(Notify User: [check box] Send this user a private message notifying them of this warning)
Thanks very much.
I don't believe that it is a built in feature. You would need a plugin or to custom code it.
I've thought about this. What has to happen is that the posts table needs a warnid column. If the post gets warned the warning table ID is inserted so that the warning type can be shown in the posts. MyBB doesn't do this. You do need it as a plugin but it should not be too hard to code. But here is the tough part. Most posts that violate a sites policies get removed so what's the point?
(2013-06-25, 05:58 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I've thought about this. What has to happen is that the posts table needs a warnid column. If the post gets warned the warning table ID is inserted so that the warning type can be shown in the posts. MyBB doesn't do this. You do need it as a plugin but it should not be too hard to code. But here is the tough part. Most posts that violate a sites policies get removed so what's the point?

The entire post may not violate a sites policy, so maybe an admin/mod could "snip" a specific part of the post, in which case a post warning could be used in that example.
(2013-06-25, 06:05 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]The entire post may not violate a sites policy, so maybe an admin/mod could "snip" a specific part of the post, in which case a post warning could be used in that example.

Yes of course. Always going to be some posts you won't feel are worthy of removal.