MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error says to install mybb when its already installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here I go. I converted from vB4 to MyBB. I ran into a few issues but got them fixed. When I converted I used a domain I wasn't using yet for the MyBB installation. And now I pointed the original domain from my vBulletin to MyBB and changed the domain on my hosting account. Now when I go to the MyBB forum it says
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

The forum was working fine before I changed the domain back to the original one.
does inc/config.php exist? And is it readable?
see http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Common_Error_Messages.html

Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (41)
Error Message: Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Information: This occurs when the file ./inc/config.php is incorrectly configured. ..................... If you have already installed your forum, and you have data in your database, then you will need to open ./inc/config.php, use this sample Inc/config.php text, and edit in your database information.
Got it fixed. Thanks guys.