MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error (40)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am no longer hosting with the same company. I have uploaded my forum files as is and I have altered forums\inc\config.php to have correct information. I copied and pasted information from the config.php page to a database program and was able to login successfully to a database

The only thing that's questionable is the host isn't using mysql on 3306 so I have set the hostname to localhost:4999
I only mention this port configuration as it is different than it used to be when the forum was working.

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost:4999';

I load the webpage and it shows me the below error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
see http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Common_Error_Messages.html
Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (44)
Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Information: This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
Thank you, changing type to mysql instead of mysqli fixed my issues.