MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. This installation is my first installation of MyBB by using a VPS. Installation process went smoothly with no errors and I have followed closely the steps to CHMOD the different files and folders as instructed by one of MyBB online docs.
However after the fresh installation, when I went to my ACP, the ACP appeared to be 'empty'. ACP templates loaded as per normal. However the texts are missing, this is inclusive of both <a> links and normal texts. The links in <a> still clickable, but no text(it was as if <a href="example.com"></a>). Navbar on top and sidebar, main content too, has no text. Except for some that are shown in screenshot below.
URL to my forum is geekstep.1337.cx
It is a new installation.
I don't think I should post a test account as it is an ACP issue and not comfortable people accessing the ACP.
Reupload inc/languages folder from clean MyBB package of your version. Make sure all files get uploaded.

Also check if inc/languages is writable.
(2013-06-26, 06:42 PM)GeekStep Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. This installation is my first installation of MyBB by using a VPS. Installation process went smoothly with no errors and I have followed closely the steps to CHMOD the different files and folders as instructed by one of MyBB online docs.
However after the fresh installation, when I went to my ACP, the ACP appeared to be 'empty'. ACP templates loaded as per normal. However the texts are missing, this is inclusive of both <a> links and normal texts. The links in <a> still clickable, but no text(it was as if <a href="example.com"></a>). Navbar on top and sidebar, main content too, has no text. Except for some that are shown in screenshot below.
URL to my forum is geekstep.1337.cx
It is a new installation.
I don't think I should post a test account as it is an ACP issue and not comfortable people accessing the ACP.
you have some missing language files in inc/languages/<language>/admin
Hi, thanks for replying.

I have re-uploaded all the files again and overwrited. And also I have chmod the related folder to have writeable permission 666.

And I have also double-checked the directory for any missing files.

But the problem still persists.
Does chown -Rv apache:apache /var/www solve the issue? You're logged in as root which can cause issues with permissions.
I will try to re-install everything again.

Tried doing a fresh install all over again, everything is fine now. Thank you.