MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic description
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don´t know if there´s a mod for this, but I think this is very useful, the ability to add a topic description in the message.

Forums like IPB and vB have them and people seem to like it.
well i think this should be a mod, since if we adopt it, then it would like be a rip of them. There is nothing wrong in plugin, but defualt feature is not much needed.

If there is a plugin then well and good.
Smethead made one for MyBB 1.x
I believe there is a mod for 1.1.x, not sure about 1.2.x. I don't see the need for a "thread description," isn't that what the subject is for?
Christian Wrote:I don't see the need for a "thread description," isn't that what the subject is for?

I completely agree. I've never had to use the thread description of any other forum, and all that ends up in there is usually useless information. In my opinion, the subject IS a description of the thread.
I've actually seen some pretty good uses of the thread description on other boards.

The subject, which is bold and a larger size, catches your attention first, then the description field can provide some supplementary details to help you know exactly what the thread is about. It wouldn't be as clean to cram everything into the subject.
Since the value of a thread description varies from forum to forum, it should definitely remain a plugin. BTW, I personally like the idea of having a description in addition to the title.