MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been using MyBB for quite some time now, however I just changed webhost, so I installed MySQL with php support just like before with the same username & password for MyBB, I copied all the files with hte same database name and all. I also have an identical copy of all the webfile.
Yet I still end up with a SQL problem with the error message posted below, does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this issue? my domain is ksf.so in case you'd like to take a look for youself.

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
see http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Common_Error_Messages.html
Quote:SQL Error: 0 -
Query: [READ] Unable to select database
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database name or database username is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entries for $config['database']['database'] and $config['database']['username']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
did you copy the MySQL files and try to apply those to the new MySQL server or did you copy backup of your existing MySQL database and then restore that backup to a database you created on the new server?
sry for the trouble, appearently it was a permission problem, now that I removed and recreated the MySQL user everything's fine. Thanks for the help tho Smile

Feel free to lock/delete this thread ^^