MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sub/forums and Reply buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are two problems that I have here. I am sure that I could find the answers amongst all the avaiable documentation, but I can't work out what questions/words to use to get the answers to pop up ??

The first one is how do I disable the reply button ? I want to do this because it automatically repeats the original posting. Users can use the quote facility if they want to, apart from that I think that all that is needed, are the New Reply and Quick Reply options. Or am I missing something ?

The other request I have is this...
When making child forums of a sub-category/forum I am getting the name of the new sub forum listed for the first two only with a dot seperator ? After that it just says + 2 etc. How can I get the names of all of the sub-category/forums to show ?

Many thanks
Your themes templates -> Post Bit Templates -> postbit & postbit_classic

Find and remove:
{$post['button_quote']}

That's no dot seperator, it's a on/off indicator that tells you if there are unread posts in the forums.
The number of sub forums displayed and the option to display the on/off icon can be found in the "Forum Home Options".

Welcome to MyBB. Smile
related to subforums listing on the Index :
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Forum Home Options --> Subforums to show on Index listing
--> put a higher number (eg. 99) and save the settings
OK, thanks to all !
I have understood and sorted the situation with the sub forums being displayed etc. But what is the situation with disabling the Reply button ?

"The first one is how do I disable the reply button ? I want to do this because it automatically repeats the original posting. Users can use the quote facility if they want to, apart from that I think that all that is needed, are the New Reply and Quick Reply options. Or am I missing something ?"
Again....

(2013-06-28, 12:20 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Your themes templates -> Post Bit Templates -> postbit & postbit_classic

Find and remove:
{$post['button_quote']}
OK ! Thank you got that.
I should have noticed it with your first reply. Is there an instruction book somewhere that tells you what all these bits of code in the Templates do, and what sort of editing options are available ?

It would solve a lot of problems.

I am now trying to find a way of altering the way that sub/child forums are displayed, in relation to their parent. Something that shows clear demarcation. I suppose position and/or colour would be the most obvious.

Sean
Yeah true... there is some info in the docs, but to be honest the most have to be figured out at this point, it's pretty self-explaining though.
"Pretty self explaining ???"

Whaaat ???