MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I registered my domain with host gator and did a quick installation for mybb. I couldn't seem to log in to the adminCP so I contacted host gator support. They helped me log in.

The problem I have is I do r know how to login to the forum so I can post. I also can't seem to log in when I click the tabs at the top and it prompted me to log in to the adminCP again and my password was incorrect.

The question I have is do I have to register myself as a user to be able to post or can I do it through the CP? And since I already registered my admin account with my username do I have to choose a different name? Also if I register as a user will I still have admin rights? The thing I am insure of is if the admin has two accounts. Like for the CP and an admin user (so I can post on the forum).

If you have any tutorials or videos I can use to help that would be great.

Thanks
What's your forum URL?

An administrator only needs one account. They can access both the ACP and the forums.
Edit: delayed response
you do not have to register yourself (again). installation includes your membership account.
see login & logout problems guidance
(2013-06-28, 04:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What's your forum URL?

An administrator only needs one account. They can access both the ACP and the forums.

My domain is acegamers.org.
You cookie path is incorrect. It should be a single forward slash, not a double forward slash. Smile

See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
(2013-06-28, 05:10 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You cookie path is incorrect. It should be a single forward slash, not a double forward slash. Smile

See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

The thing is that i don't understand how to do what that thread says to do. Could someone help me?

I downloaded an FTP client and I cant seem to figure out how to FTP to my site.
How did you install MyBB?
oh! it was a quick installation and no one is registered at the forum (0 registered members)
it is better to do regular installation instead of the quick one. see doc: Installing, video
I fixed the issue. Thanks guys