MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme creation questions....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I'm very new to mybb and pretty much any forums on a dev level and i have a few questions. Hopefully someone can help me get the answers i need. Here it goes.

I want to create my own theme(s) from scratch. I've read older posts about this topic here in the forums but found that it was going to take some time and learning. This i am fine with.

My main question is how do i create my own theme OUTSIDE of the mybb acp?
I use programs like Illustrator and Photoshop frequently and wish to use any of these programs to make the needed image files.

I don't know much about CSS (Maybe a little HTML) but i do know how to edit images, like logo's of custom themes and such. I have changed a few of the logos of some downloaded themes recently with decent results. Is this the same way i would edit the rest of the themes images?

Last but not least (for now), what are the default dimensions of the main image files when working with the default mybb theme thats already installed and running? I would like to start experimenting with that theme before i go full into my own.

I hope there is someone nice enough here to help me out.
Thanks.
I can't give the dimensions etc but this might provide required guidance
(2013-06-28, 06:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I can't give the dimensions etc but this might provide required guidance

Ohh, ok i see. Basically i just do everything withing ACP. This is much easier than i thought it was going to be. I make sites for my friends and family using Photoshop and Illustrator, so i instantly assumed making mybb themes was the same. Thanks for your help and disregard the questions that the tutorials explain. Smile
If i were you i could try to learn html and css and if you want to follow this it would be great !and you will understand anything and this is from when i learn to code but im still learning 4 months in html and css:p xD i want to move forward and i cant because all the time new things is coming.

http://learncss.tutsplus.com/
(2013-06-28, 08:09 PM)Donty Wrote: [ -> ]If i were you i could try to learn html and css and if you want to follow this it would be great !and you will understand anything and this is from when i learn to code but im still learning 4 months in html and css:p xD i want to move forward and i cant because all the time new things is coming.

http://learncss.tutsplus.com/

Thanks for the link. I know a little html (learned it in the mid 90's) and may need a refresher with that said. CSS is a whole different ballgame though. I don't even know what it stands for right now, but i'm sure Google can fix that for me. Cool