MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing /index from links to homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum I deicded to use domain.com, without /index.php. I've removed the index on the logo, but just realized that all links back to the frontpage from the user CP, private messages etc links to /index.php.

I'm not really code-savvy, so I have no idea where to look for it, so I can change it to / rather than /index.php. I'm using the default template without any customization.

Could someone guide me on the right way, or would it just be easier to put the /index.php back on the logolink, and use that rather than /?

Quick addition: I see that community.mybb.com has a link to /, but still uses /index in links. Is it a canonical which keeps it from duplicating content? Because, if that's enough, that would really be easier. But I'm not sure if that's gonna work.Confused

Thanks in advance,
Jonas.
I think Google understands that /index.php is the same as /, since it has index in the file name and would return the same content when googlebot tests.

I'm not the most knowledgeable with googlebot though. I just know that it's quite advanced.