MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ad Manager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I have been getting ready to make the big switch to mybb. I really like it...I mean I am really impressed with this BB.... After really spending sometime with it I have to say it is the best free bb available.... and I am almost convinced it is the best outright paid or free....

What i was wondering is if anyone was working on ad management plugin mod.

I switched from VB to smf about 3 weeks back and sorely regret that....However I have found a few positives with smf....very few..

But the one that i like most is the ads mod. It allows you to quickly change and locate ads through out your site.

I would be willing to cough up a months worth of adsense from my sports site ($25) to anyone that could craft such a plugin.....

Also I would plant a link to your site in the finished mybb product...mysite is only a page rank 2 but maybe someday it will be higher.

I am sure many could use this and if we could get a couple more folks to chip in a couple bucks we could convince a coder to do this.

heres a screen of the ad manager for smf

If ya also need to see how it works...the smf ad manager i could setup a test board for you....

ty
Interesting but not entirely needed. The templates are easy to change. Also there is a plugin already for inline post ads. Adding them to header and footer is very easy. If you want tower ads on the sides you will need to make some adjustments to the templates but there is a tutorial for that.

IMHO you would be best suited by running an ad program like phpadsnew and inserting the code directly into the template areas you require.

btw...what's your site?
labrocca Wrote:Interesting but not entirely needed.

Is anything really needed....lol

If you actually had a chance to use it you may change your opinion....
The ease and speed to wich you can change things is truly appreciated...

I understand what your saying, I just liked the smf version of ad manager and I know it is in use by a large percentage of smf boards. I hate the inline ads but I guess its the way its done...

However from what your saying the inline ad mod could be a starting point to make a complete ad mod?

I am not a coder and have no clue how to do something like this or I would in a second....

my site is http://www.sprintcupfans.com/sportsforum/index.php

Thanks for asking

dp24
Yeah I could expand inline-ads for other positions as well...the most difficult would be side ads since that would require a lot of template changes that could wreak havoc with custom templates. Header and footer positions are relatively safe.

What positions do place ads at?
float top right in the header, bottom of the thread above quick reply, below quick reply.
as a post only fisible to guests**<-would be rad.
In my tracking the tower side ads have had the highest ctr..... I know with the smf version it works well with the original default forum....other themes not so well

That must be what your speaking of..... I plan to use the standard forum of mybb as it seems very clean and professional to me...