MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force users to enter age or Date Of Birth on registration page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm not sure whether I've posted this in the right forum (it's my first time posting so please be gentle!) Apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I'm trying to customise the registration page so that it can include the users age or date of birth. I'm fine with the fact that I can purely code in a text box or drop down menu where users can select their age but I want this information to be displayed on the profile pages and on the user lists when a moderator/administrator wishes to view such details. I would need to be able to add this information into the underlying tables wouldn't I so that this information can be displayed otherwise it would just end up in 'limbo'.

Is there also a way of making it a mandatory field (i.e. a pop-up alert or something) so that it cannot be ignored.

It's probably quite easy to do but I just can't figure out a way to do it at the moment!

Kind Regards
James Pask
Yeah this is in the right place, since (i think) you have to change the code...

Yes I want to do the same thing too...I think it's somewhere in the page you register...but I'm not sure where...someone help us please!!!
hopefully they put this option in mybb gold